Saturday, August 3, 2013

To Breastfeed or Not??

So the other day I was watching that ratchet show "Love & Hip Hop of Atlanta" that I DVR'd (if that is even a word...lol). Anyhoo, the character MiMi received money from her daughter's father and decided to go get a breast job because she had breastfed her daughter for three years (in which I think is entirely too damn long) and her breasts were saggy.  My husband walked in as they were discussing it on tv and I said plainly..."I am not breastfeeding as I love my boobs" My husband was so mad...he was telling me the benefits of breastfeeding...this and that. Mind you, we are trying for a kid right now...he already has a 20 year old and a 12 year old (Yes, I am 35 with no kids YET!! LOL) I told him that I have the right to choose whether I want to breast feed or not hence the reason they made formulas such as Enfamil and Similac. 

Even after the heated discussion we had....I was still adamant.  I've read the advantages of breast feeding. So call me selfish...I do not want to do it. Am I wrong for this? Most women, including my mom that I have talked to about this and who have breast fed their children all say the same thing after the fact "If you don't have to, don't do it" Most of these same women NOW want a breast job that most cannot afford.  All I am asking is am I wrong?  I know people who did not do it and their children are just as smart and funny as those who did.  The hubby eventually said.."Well fine it is your body do what you want". My sentiments EXACTLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your response cute and sexy and respectful!! Thanks luvs!!

Lady Elle